Please sign into your G Suite account at https://mail.google.com and ensure the following are enabled first:
- Enable IMAP on your G Suite email account. Follow the instructions for Step 1 of this link: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en
- Next, please follow this link: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and ensure "Access for less secure apps" is turned on.
- On your Outlook program, click on File -> Add Account
- Select the option Manual setup or additional server types and click Next
- Next on Choose Service, select POP or IMAP and click Next
- On the next page, fill in the fields with the following information
a. Your Name - Your name to help identify this inbox e.g. "John Smith (G Suite)"
b. Email Address - Your G Suite email address
c. Account Type - IMAP
d. Incoming mail server - imap.gmail.com
e. Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - smtp.gmail.com
f. User name - Your G Suite email address
g. Password - Your G Suite email password
- Before you do anything else, click on the More Settings... button
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab and make sure My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is ticked
- Click on the Advanced tab and enter the following under "Server Port Numbers":
a. Incoming server (IMAP) - 993
a(2). Use the following type of encrypted connection - SSL
b. Outgoing server (SMTP) - 465
b(2). Use the following type of encrypted connection - SSL
- Once finished, click on the OK button and click on the Next button
- Outlook will now attempt to send a test email to your G Suite account. If successful, click the OK button and you should now be able to send and receive email from your G Suite account to your Outlook program!